Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Planning

One of the committees I sit on is the Municipal Planning Commission, so I'm learning about subdivisions and other types of development. With my health promotion background, I'm always thinking about what contributes to healthy communities, and good planning can certainly be a factor.

During work today (I do a weekly e-newsletter called SEARCH Light for SEARCH Canada (www.searchca.net; the newsletter archives are under the Resources tab) I came across this website developed by the San Francisco Department of Public Health, It's called the Healthy Development Measurement Tool http://thehdmt.org/ and while it's geared to large cities, I plan to explore it to see if there are applications for a smaller centre like Peace River.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Quite the tool... you amaze me at the great stuff you ferret out for various things. We're fortunate to have your research capacities at work for us in Peace River.