Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"Let's Pick Up the Peace" Project

Building on my last posting about the town looking grubby, Lisa & Richard Armstrong are once again initiating a citizen clean-up project for the town. What great community commitment they show with their "Let's Pick Up the Peace" Project.

Plan to meet them and others next Tuesday, April 22nd at 6:30 pm at the Centennial Parking Lot (that's the one behind the Telus building). Bring your boots, gloves and a friend. Garbage bags will be provided.

And as they say in their email: Remember: It takes 1 person 20 hours to do what 20 people can do in 1 hour. Can you give up 1 hour?

Unfortunately, I'm going to be away on Tuesday, so instead, I'll just take a garbage bag when I go for a walk along the dike and do my bit to keep the area clean.

Many thanks to Lisa and Richard for taking this project on. If readers need further details, contact the Armstrongs at llarm@abnorth.com.

No comments: