Saturday, December 15, 2007

Thanks, Bill

I'm still learning about blogs and what makes them interesting. The person whose blog inspired me to start my own is Bill Given, Alderman for the City of Grande Prairie, so imagine how delighted I was when he added a link on his blog to mine. Thanks very much, Bill. Of course, this set me to figuring out how to add links of interest to MY blog (see the new section under my photo) and Bill's is the first entry. Learning just never stops.

I like to keep an eye on what is going on in other places, especially the cities, for emerging issues, programming ideas, or creative policy solutions that may be applicable to Peace River. Bill's blog gives me lots of food for thought as well as a window into what is happening in our largest Northern Alberta urban neighbour. (Full disclosure: GP is my home town, although I've lived in Peace River longer than GP and the place is unrecognizable from when I left in 1973, when there was a population of 10,000!)

No comments: